The BadAss Body Diet: How Does it Work?
Okay… so I have already posted a grocery list on the blog but here are you “Macros”
Macro Nutrients – The Trifecta of Success
Each meal on this plan you will eat an exact balance of your macros.
- Develop firm muscle because it builds and maintains your body’s structures (tendons, ligaments, muscles, blood vessels, brain, organs, skin, etc.)
- Protein is a supreme fat burner. Most of the protein is animal protein (unless you are vegetarian, we have a separate approach for you). Animal proteins allow you to put lean muscle on.
- Sugars and starches in our food. Body burns carbs as fuel and our brain runs on them.
- Carbs = fiber, essential vitamins and minerals that are vital for health and disease prevention.
- Simple vs. Complex Carbs.
- Simple carbs are found in fruit, dairy, processed foods (breads, packaged foods). Also found in refined sugars.
- Complex carbs are found in grains, potatoes, beans, and VEGGIES.
- If you eat too many, you will get fat…. Period. When we eat carbs, our body secretes insulin. Insulin activates in fat tissues that stimulate body to store fat. When insulin levels decline, fat is released and burned.
- You will eat just enough carbs to keep high energy levels but you will keep your body in fat burning mode.
- Not fatty junk foods or man-made fats like trans fat but fresh meats and fats (nuts, seeds, nut and seed butters, butters, and some cream) – these are nutritional gold mines.
- Fat helps control your hunger. Slows down rate food goes into your bloodstream. You feel satisfied and urges to eat more are delayed. You’ll need less food (it is a natural appetite suppressor).
- Fat carries certain vitamins (A, D, E, K: fat soluble vitamins).
- It pretty much just makes your food taste good.
- Fat is not fattening so don’t be worried!
Okay SO… here are your PRIMO foods.
What are PRIMO foods?
These are whole foods that are found in their natural state (NOTHING PROCESSED HERE). No labels, ingredients.
Protein: meats (beef, pork, lamb, veal, etc.); poultry (fish, shellfish, eggs, egg whites)
Non-Starchy Veggies: broccoli, cauliflower, peppers, asparagus, lettuce, green and yellow beans, cabbage, summer squash, cucumbers, tomatoes, radishes, onions, zucchini, etc. – these are low in calories, high in fiber and nutrition packed.
Fruits: full of nutrients and fiber as well as provide energy in forms of carbs. This fuels your exercise. All types of fruits in whole form are allowed!! Nothing canned, processed, etc.
Fats: a wide variety is allowed. They give you energy, help burn fat, and lubricate your joints. They also make you happy J they tell your body when you’re full and prevent you from over eating.
FOR THESE 21 DAYS YOU WILL ONLY EAT PRIMO FOODS!! No “acceptable macros” unless we have specifically told you that you need to add these into your diet for extra calorie intake for health related reasons.