Bollinger CrossFit 21 Day Summer Nutrition/Lifestyle Challenge
“The BadAss Body Diet” by Christmas Abbott
You’ve already got the exercise regimen now so…
HOW BADASS NUTRITION WORKS
Focus is on clean, high protein eating with a twist… this diet is higher in fat than most diets.
Why Eat more FAT? – Dietary Fat = Bye Body Fat
- Fat is key for absorbing fat-soluble vitamins (example; Vitamin A) which encourages protein turnover and muscle growth.
- The right amount of fat helps you shed body fat, develop muscle, defend your joints, protect your heart, and it makes your food taste better.
- You won’t feel hungry because of the higher protein and fat foods.
Be prepared to go pretty low on carbs. WHY?
- When you take in too many carbs, your blood sugar elevates, and insulin kicks in to bring it back down.
- It takes the calories you have consumed and stores them as fat. This is the fat that is hard to get rid of and the one that creates cellulite.
- By lowering your carb intake, your body will produce less glucose and will stop creating fatty tissue.
- Your body will turn to existing fat to burn energy and you will lose weight/body fat.
Specific Foods that will Help Spot Reduce the Booty:
- Meat and other animal proteins, fruits, veggies, fats.
- The right choices of protein, carbs, and fat will help burn fat that is already stored and will provide rapid results.
You get breakfast, lunch, dinner, and snacks. Each meal has a protein, a carb, and a fat.
WHAT YOU WILL NEED
- A journal.
- A kitchen scale for weighing food. (I got mine on Amazon for $10 – check Target, etc.)
- Measuring cups.
- Meal prep Containers with separators (Optional).
WHAT THIS 21 DAY CHALLENGE WILL TAKE
The 3 C’s of Success: Clarity, Confidence, and Consistency!
- Be honest about where you are with yourself, where you want to be, and what you want to get out of this.
- Visualize your healthy ideal and describe in your journal. (What you believe, you conceive).
- Write down your concrete GOALS. How much weight is ultimate goal?
- What are you willing to sacrifice to reach goals? LIST. Understand what you want and what it takes to get it. – Be brutally honest about the habits you need to give up. Replace with good habits.
- Be clear about your priorities.
- Believe that you will be successful in a given situation.
- Replace negative thoughts with an empowering voice.
- Stay on the course, no yo-yoing with the diet.
- Take a day-by-day approach. Concentrate on what you have to do today
- If you cheat, don’t beat yourself up. Start anew the next meal or workout. Accept that you’re human.
- Up to 5 lbs. off in first few days. (Partially due to water loss within muscle cells – this is a positive). Water logged cells are your cellulite. You are getting rid of the bloat.
- First few lbs. are water loss, after that you will start to burn fat.
- More energy.
- Boost in confidence, self-esteem, and a positive mindset.
- Sharper thinking and more focus (mental clarity).
3 Different Personalized Approaches
The Modifier Plan
This will rapidly lower your body fat with a minimal gain in body mass.
The Maintainer Plan
You want to build more muscle and tone up. You are close to your weight loss goal but want to decrease body fat and increase your muscle.
The Gainer Plan
You need to gain more mass. You want to increase your muscle more rapidly.
**Please choose which plan you are interested and email Kelsey with the plan you have chosen.
If you are interested in purchasing the book, Kelsey has 3 on order from Amazon currently or you can order yours on Amazon. Kelsey and Shelby both have copies for you to view at any time! We highly recommend glancing at the book to get a better understanding of the diet!